Teacher Feature: Neil Salang


I started my yoga meditation practice in the early 1990s when my friend lent me the book "Autobiography of a Yogi".  The author, now my beloved Guru, is Paramahansa Yogananda.  He established our ashram Self Realization Fellowship of which I am a devotee.

Our practice is Ashtanga yoga as taught by Patanjali, one of the greatest exponents of yoga and the author of the Yoga Sutras.  Our focus is on meditation, improving oneself morally, and to connect to the Divine Creator.  Following the teachings of Sri Yogananda is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  It has made me a better person emotionally, mentally, and spiritually . We share this new found joy and goodness with all beings.

As Guruji always says, if your yoga doesn't reach and help other people then it is useless. May all beings be with Divine Love, eternal Peace and ever conscious, ever existing Joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment