Teacher Feature: Jayme Timbol

Transitioning into Pigeon

My first yoga asana practice started with one of my friends in Phoenix taking me to a Bikram class. After the session, I remember thinking, I wasn't exactly sure what we did in there but it felt awesome! But it was not till I moved to Salt Lake that I took my practice more seriously. At that time, I was off-balanced with my weight. I was vegan, went to the gym and even ran, but I was bloated and was at my heaviest and did not know why.  On the outside, I was doing everything everything I should be doing to be healthy, but felt really off-kilter on the inside. So I went back to the hot room and did my yoga practice every single day, no matter how trying it was sometimes. Then I began to love it - the teachers, the practice, and became so inspired with fellow students who were so determined and were there every single day. After a few weeks, my weight went back to normal. I felt so much clarity in my thinking and I was more calm no matter what was happening around me.

After a few months, I was approached by the studio owner to join the US Mid-West Asana Competition. I didn't know what exactly a yoga "competition" meant but decided to give it a try since the goal was not to win, but to inspire others to do yoga. I was introduced to my coach who did teacher training when she turned 60 and was amazed with the other "competitors" and what they could do with their bodies! I would then be completely star struck when former champions just popped in the hot room to help train us, and even if I was in the hot room for 4 hours, it did not matter! I felt great! I was so inspired with the control I was developing with my breath, body and mind. I also started getting into my meditation easier and deeper with the concentration discipline I developed with the practice.

With Bikram Choudhury, creator of the Bikram Yoga Series
After that, I traveled all over the world with my mat, everywhere I went, and one day hoped to become a teacher to help others make changes in their lives, the way yoga changed mine. The opportunity presented itself when I came back to the Philippines and yoga+ was offering the Absolute Hot Yoga Teacher Training. I just gave birth at that time, but it did not matter since I knew that I really wanted to teach. It has been an amazing journey since. I have taken more certification courses and not only teach Hot, but also Yin and Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga. I have also been certified as a Theta Healer and currently specializing in Intuitive Anatomy, Diseases and Disorders.

My practice has been richer by doing all yoga types now, not just Hot, and my love for yoga has even more intensified. I am very grateful that my practice and teaching have given me more compassion and kindness not only towards others but especially for myself. Most important of all is my divine romance with Guru and God which continues to get sweeter with the constancy of my practice and meditation. After all, we are all divine beings who are awakening to who we truly are and yoga is our path to remembering exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment